Feeling Tired and Sluggish? Reset Your Body With These Simple Steps!
In traditional Chinese medicine we look at your overall health, meaning that your diet and lifestyle play a huge part in how you feel. Even a month after the holidays it’s normal for our body’s to feel tired and heavy. We just spent lots of time filling it with foods that aren’t the best for it, we completely changed our schedules around, and we probably weren’t exercising all that much either.
If you need a good head start to get you back on track, then here’s some easy steps to follow to help ease your body and mind back to where you need to be in order to reset and start fresh.
– Squeeze 1/2 lemon’s juice into a warm cup of water. Drink this first thing in the morning.
– Avoid coffee, alcohol, refined sugars, processed foods, dairy, and wheat.
– Eat lean proteins, eggs, leafy greens, cooked vegetables, calciferous vegetables, berries, and rice instead.
– Add in fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil and thyme. These detoxify the liver.
– Exercise 4 times a week, minimum 30 minutes each workout.
– Meditate for 10 minutes a day to quiet and clear the mind.
– Write down 3-5 things you’re grateful for in a journal daily.
🌿 Recommended herbs:
– Xiao Yao San – regulates your hormones, moves your blood, raises qi
– Bao He Wan – Aids in digestion
– Kidney Essence – Supports your overall constitution
– Get a custom herbal formula created for you to complement your reset and any other health concerns you may have.
(All herbs available at the clinic. Please call (250) 334-3630 or email us here to inquire)
Making changes for the better of your health does not have to be drastic. This reset is very gentle on the mind and body. Start by doing this for a couple of weeks. After that, you might think you want to keep going! After doing this for a little while you will feel happier, stronger and more focused on your goals.
Check out our other blog posts here!